Here are some ways portable classrooms and modular school buildings are utilized by public and private schools in the United States:
- Temporary or permanent classrooms: Portable classrooms and modular school buildings can be used as temporary or permanent classrooms to accommodate an influx of students due to population growth or school renovations.
- Administrative offices: Schools may use modular buildings as administrative offices to create additional space for school personnel, such as counselors, administrators, and support staff.
- Storage space: Modular buildings can also be used for storage, such as for equipment or supplies, freeing up space in the main building for other purposes.
- Specialized classrooms: Schools may use modular buildings for specialized classrooms, such as science labs or computer labs, that require specific equipment or space.
- Portable libraries: Some schools use portable classrooms as libraries, equipped with shelves and seating for students to borrow and read books.
Overall, portable classrooms and modular buildings provide schools with a cost-effective and flexible solution to accommodate their changing needs.